Tempted to get an “instant” home value estimate online? We’ve seen many of them that are off by thousands of dollars!
Like most homeowners, you may be counting on selling your home to help buy your next home, build your dream beachfront home or invest in retirement. Selling for $2,000, $5,000 or even $10,000 more would make a huge difference for you and your family.
Here’s 3 Big Differences between my Custom Valuation & Pricing to Sell vs Online “Instant” Home Value Estimates:
(Computer software just can’t do all this for you. And sadly, some agents skip these steps.)
1. You and I talk personally and walk through your home to identify your home’s advantages. I recommend improvements and features that could pay off for you and caution against overspending on renovations and upgrades.
2. As a full-time Realtor, I take time to research and consider many factors before determining an estimated market value or recommending a listing price. You want your home listing price based on data + things like:
- what active buyers want,
- HOA requirements & amenities,
- nearby construction,
- recent neighborhood changes,
- what’s happening in schools,
- road conditions, and
- so much more.
3. I listen to your needs, understand your timeline and personally answer your questions to decide with you the best price to sell your home. Starting with a price that’s too “hopefully high” — or too low — confuses potential buyers.
This is where my business experience and negotiating tactics give you an advantage.
The extra time to research, listen and recommend the best price for your home to sell is so worth it! Especially because it could mean thousands of dollars.
That’s why relying on a quick home valuation report is risky. When a listing price is way off base for the neighborhood, a home for sale can sit for months without an offer and prompt price reductions.
And who would want that?!
Have a question? Text me directly for answers to your real estate questions.
Jennifer Bartlow 832-585-2288